Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In the Looking Glass

This is a picture of my niece. (Daryl and Robyn's daughter) She did a real great job! There is something in every little girl to dress up and pretend. I know when I got the picture developed the man behind the counter said to me ," This is just what my little girl likes to do". This is my first experience with working with the mirror. I choose to make her very detailed outside the mirror and more muted in the mirror. So, I pushed the color and outside the mirror. I also worked to keep the same colors floating around in the picture.

11 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow! Jennifer, you do such great work! I'm very impressed. =)

Rhonda Slaubaugh said...

love it! i had heard about this one and was hoping you'd post it! so sweet, but i guess i'm probably a bit biased. :)

Kathy Michels said...

Oh Jennifer - she is darling! I have been waiting for you to post this one. I seen it part way done and couldn't wait to see the finished piece. I love the expression you captured in her face. The colors are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you are doing next.

Robyn said...

As usual, I love it!! But like Rhonda said, I guess I'm probably biased. :-) Great job, once again!!

My Not-So-Empty-Nest said...

Makes my heart so full! You are very gifted, Jennifer! It was great seeing you and your work in person.

rachelslab said...

SO great!! Love this picture. Amazing talent Jennifer. And of course, a really cute subject. = )

Lydia Jo said...

Love it!
Very talented.

Kendra hurst said...

Wow, Jennifer! Great job!

Tamara said...

I'm glad you got this one posted, so cute and well done!e

Tamara said...

I'm glad you got this one posted, so cute and well done!e

~Rosanne said...

This is so amazing! Your paintings capture "real" so good.
Amazing talent!