Friday, December 10, 2010

From wax to watercolor

Color, color, color, This painting was a great color study. With complementary colors bouncing around. The crayon box held a wealth of beauty. This painting was challenging. It was also a lot of fun. I didn't have to be as detailed in this one, so I could concentrate on being bold with strong color. Everyone has memories of coloring as a child. These in many ways become peoples first art experience. So, keep getting out the box and allowing yourself and your children to increase their creativity with these wonderful tools. Have a great day. Jennifer

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

another beautiful work of art! i love the bold colours and close up look at the crayons.

Kathy Michels said...

Wow Jen, this painting is wonderful. I love the bold colors and how you have the reflections on the crayons. Great job!

Robyn said...

So pretty! This would be so nice in a kids' bedroom! Is it true you are working on the one of Adrienne?

~Rosanne said...

Love all the color on here.
Amazing talent!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm very late with the comment but I noticed right away that the green one is the one most loved and most used. I love the colour green!

iris said...

Oops, that was Iris who likes green. =)