Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To Carry Me Away

This Picture was a new experience for me. The Lord brought this idea to my mind one day, and soon after a friend called me on the phone and mentioned that this girl was visiting her. So, I grabbed the roller skates and headed out the door. I enjoyed the realism part, but it took me a while to build up the courage to get into the loose part. This picture is to represent peace and tranquility in the midst of all that life can throw at us. God's peace exceeds anything we can understand.

8 comments:

LaRonda said...

Wow! That is such a great picture! You did a great job portraying what you were trying too. Thanks for sharing your paintings.

Glenda said...

Great job, Jennifer! I agree with LaRonda...it portrays what you were aiming for.

Rhonda said...

i have loved every one of your paintings, but this is the first one to bring tears to my eyes. well done.

Ida said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! This is so amazing!!! Ida

Tamara B said...

This is really good! I love the way you put such feeling and emotion into your picture. That's what makes them so good!
Your sis

Robyn said...

I got choked up too...esp because you told me the story of this girl. I love this picture. I think it's my favourite so far.

Kathy said...

Jennifer, your work is breath
taking. This new piece is so amazing and you can just imagine all the stories this beautiful little girl has to tell. I love how you did the loose work - so
vibrant and beautiful. Thanks for all your help!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!
Daryl