Tuesday, January 5, 2010

School Days

My daughter Annika posed for me in this picture. I was reliving some of those school day memories. When I was younger I thought those days would never end. Now some times I wish I could go back and take it more seriously. I guess that's what getting older does to you. Hope it will bring back some good memories for you.
This picture was a challenge for me because of the extreme contrasts between the dark and the light. I was striving to go from complete white to complete back .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So did Annika sit there nice and still for an hour or two or three while you painted this picture??!

Renee said...

The previous comment was from Phil. I'm not sure why the name came up as it did. Goofy things these computers! I enjoy stopping by here to see your latest paintings! :)

Robyn said...

I've been waiting to see this! I was looking forward to it when you explained the idea that you had. I love it!