Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To my canadian friends

This picture is a tribute to all the native people of Canada.  This picture came together with the help of a few friends.  Glenda Mast took the picture of the little girl, my mother gave me the picture of the lady holding the fish and Merle Nisly completed the picture with the great photo of the lady in the top left had corner. My desire was to do something from my past.  The older pictures were done in black and white to give a feeling of past history.  The little girl is done in full color to show current.  As I was painting the little girl I kept thinking about what a work of art her outfit is.  It is truly amazing the time that must be put into making an outfit like hers.

7 comments:

~Rosanne said...

Your work is outstanding!

Glenda said...

Love it, love it, love it! I've been wondering when the finished product would show up on here. How can I order some?

Rhonda Slaubaugh said...

i also really love this! and i also am wondering about how to go about ordering prints from you?

rachelslab said...

This is so amazing Jennifer! love it!

Kathy Michels said...

This is just beautiful Jennifer! Absolutely gorgeous!

Arthur said...

It's beautiful! I love the differing ages and eras represented. ~Iris

thrchldlv said...

And we all were created in the image of God. This art piece shows such depth ans fanstastic contrast. I adore this art piece and would love to buy a print. Do you have prints available? God is truly blessing your hands, perception and inspiration to use the gift He has given you. He is so beautiful;
Jennifer thank you for allowing God to use His tools through you, to share the beauty of His GREAT creation.